The MPS module provides information on what, when, and how much will be produced. Using sales forecasts, customer orders, and production capacity constraints, the planner “interactively” builds master production schedules. The system will calculate and suggest production schedules using finite or infinite capacity logic. The logic supports both make-to-stock and make-to-order environments.
The MPS report shows the different demands, the production schedule and projects inventory balances and available to promise. Once the MPS is released, MRP uses the schedules as input to the material planning process.
- Finite / infinite capacity scheduling logic
- Planning percentage bills of material
- Flexible planning time fences
- Sales forecasting
- Customer order forecast consumption
- Rough-cut capacity planning
- Maximum cumulative lead time calculation
- Change simulation